CPHC readers may be interested to learn about Footnotes a new type design periodical which is published by La Police in Geneva, Switzerland. The second issue was released in late 2017, with a third issue is due before Christmas 2018.
The contents of the current issue include:
- Leave no traces: No hints just clues. Mathieu Christe
- The Haas Typefoundry Ltd. in an International Environment, Changes and Developments in its Organisation and Operation: Looking back, closer, down the rabbit hole. Brigitte Schuster
- Sans plomb: Early digitals. Optimo
- The 2002 Typographic Agenda: Learning by drawing. François Rappo
- Typeface Redesign: Think before your draw. Christian Mengelt
- A Note on the AA Files Display Initials: One-off Three: all styles: Various styles for different issues. Adrien Vasquez
- Cogitating Vectors: The Hershey Fonts: Recoordinating the past. Frank Grießhammer
- Everyday types: Researching Ladislas Mandel’s typefaces for telephone directories: There is interference on the lines. Alice Savoie, Dorine Sauzet & Sébastien Morlighem
This link will give you access to the table of contents and fragments of the iconography: http://www.readfootnotes.ch
To know more about this editorial project, I recommend this in-depth interview: http://blogs.walkerart.org/design/2017/03/01/no-hints-just-clues-footnotes-a-periodical-bulletin-of-applied-research-in-type-design
For news you can follow @LaPoliceType on Twitter.