Warwickshire Record Office
Amongst the WRO’s holdings are substantial records of the following businesses: Eagle Engineering of Warwick (builders of sanitary vehicles, with photographs dating from the 1920s to the 1950s), Stanley Brothers of Nuneaton (brick and tile manufacturers, colliery owners, and engineers, mostly late 19th century onwards), Needle Industries Ltd (an amalgamation of several old-established needle manufacturers, with records mostly from the late 19th century) and Willans and Robinson Ltd of Rugby (Steam engines for electricity generation, turbines and diesel engines).
Major collections of family and estate papers include: Feilding of Newbold Revel (Earls of Denbigh), Greville of Warwick Castle (Earls of Warwick), Mordaunt of Walton, Newdigate of Arbury, Seymour of Ragley (Marquises of Hertford), Shirley of Ettington, Shuckburgh of Upper Shuckburgh, and Throckmorton of Coughton; the Willes collection, and the Waller of Woodcote collection.
The Record Office also holds back files of the main Warwick and Leamington Spa papers (the Warwick Advertiser from 1806, the Leamington Courier from 1832, and the Leamington Morning News from 1896). There are also incomplete series of back files of Alcester, Atherstone, Bedworth, Nuneaton and Rugby newspapers.
Priory Park, Cape Road, Warwick CV34 4JS
01926 738 959